Matt Sharp and Doug Terry deliver Bill Eskew a $200 million dollar verdict, the largest against a health insurer in the country. Read here for more details


Nevada Car Accident Lawyer

Reno car accident lawyer Matthew L. Sharp helps the victims of auto accidents and other personal injury accidents – such as trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, and traumatic brain injuries – obtain maximum financial recovery. He focuses on handling the legal aspect of an auto accident claim so that the injured party can focus on his or her physical and emotional recovery.

If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, contact Reno injury attorney Matthew Sharp at (775) 324-1500 to learn more about what to do after a car accident.

What to Do When Involved in a Car Accident

People are often hurt and shaken up after an auto accident and, as a result, they may be confused about what to do when you get into a car accident. As a dedicated car accident attorney, Matthew Sharp guides clients through the aftermath of a car accident by dealing with insurance companies and any legal issues involved.

If you get into a car accident, you should:

  • Stay calm.
  • Stop in a safe location and do not leave the scene of the accident until the police have arrived.
  • Get medical help. If you or any others are seriously injured, you should call 9-1-1 and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. Even if you do not appear to be injured, you may want to see a doctor anyway since some car accident injuries don’t show immediate signs or symptoms. Medical attention will not only ensure that you get the proper treatment, but it will serve as documentation of your car accident injuries in connection with any legal claims.
  • Contact the police. While you should communicate the facts of the accidents, do not make any assumptions or draw any legal conclusions.
  • Exchange contact information with the other driver and accident witnesses.
  • If you are able, you should take photos of the car accident scene.
  • Shortly after the auto accident, you should inform your insurance company of the accident. Make sure to avoid making any statements regarding fault or negligence, and do not sign any insurance documents without first consulting with a lawyer.
  • Obtain and maintain all relevant information, including police reports, medical records, medical bills, repair receipts, lost wage information, and other documentation regarding accident and its aftermath.
  • Contact a car accident lawyer. A car accident lawyer will conduct an investigation, tell you your rights and options, communicate with the insurance companies, handle any insurance disputes, and fight to get you maximum money damages.

Reno car accident lawyer Matthew L. Sharp helps car accident victims obtain maximum money damages for car accident injuries through an insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, contact Reno personal injury lawyer Matthew Sharp at (775) 324-1500 for a free consultation.