Reno pharmaceutical lawyer Matthew L. Sharp represents individuals who are harmed by defective or unsafe medications and their families. He has experience handling the most complex cases involving defective drugs and can help you and your family seek and recover compensation for your damages. If a defective drug has injured you or someone you love, contact Mr. Sharp for an evaluation of your case.
Were You Harmed by an Unsafe or Defective Drug?
Most of us take prescription medications without a thought of being harmed. Most likely your doctor whom you respect prescribed it and a pharmaceutical company you may have heard of. Unfortunately, most medications come with a set of side effects and potential risks.
As a pharmaceutical lawyer, Mr. Sharp represents individuals that are harmed by all types of medications and their families. If you suffered a serious health complication or if your loved died as a result of an adverse effect, you should contact Mr. Sharp for help.
Examples of some of the drugs that have recently been linked to dangerous side effects include:
- Actos® and Avandia® to treat Type 2 diabetes has been linked to an increase in the risk for heart failure or heart attack; Actos® has also been linked to an increase in the risk for bladder cancer by 80 percent
- Pradaxa®, an anticoagulant given to prevent strokes in patients with a certain heart condition, has been associated with severe internal bleeding and death
- Yaz® and Yasmin®, two popular birth control medications, have been linked to blood clots, pulmonary embolism, heart attack and stroke
- A class of antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been linked to an increased risk of severe birth defects in babies whose mothers took the antidepressants during their pregnancies
- Risperidal® to treat Alzheimer’s disease has been associated with the development of blood clots and stroke
- Vioxx®, a pain medication, has been shown to be linked to stroke
- Tamoxifen® to treat breast cancer was associated with an increased risk for uterine cancer
- Lipitor® to reduce cholesterol has been linked to muscle pain and lack of coordination
- Xarelto® has been associated with internal bleeding
If you or a loved one has been harmed by severe side effects from a drug, you should consider filing a lawsuit to be compensated for your pain and suffering, physical debilitation, plus the financial damages you may have suffered.
Contact a Reno Pharmaceutical Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a serious side effect from a medication, you should contact a Reno pharmaceutical lawyer with years of experience getting financial compensation for his clients. Mr. Sharp believes that drug manufacturing companies have a responsibility to American consumers, and when they cause harm; he fights to get them the maximum amount of compensation possible. To find out if you have a case, contact Mr. Sharp today.