Reno Trial Lawyer
Auto insurance companies, like all insurance companies, have a legal duty to provide their policyholders with good faith and fair dealing. If an auto insurance fails to defend its policyholder, delays or underpays a claim, or otherwise treats a policyholder unfairly, the policyholder could have a possible bad faith insurance claim against the company.
Reno auto insurance lawyer Matthew L. Sharp has been representing clients in connection with auto insurance disputes and other insurance disputes for more than 15 years. He helps clients pursue insurance bad faith complaints, such as the failure to defend and delay or underpayment of claim, as well as any other legal causes of action that they might have.
If you are involved with an auto insurance dispute, contact trial lawyer Matthew Sharp at (888) 640-0835 to learn more about how he can help you with your auto insurance dispute.
Car Insurance Benefits and Coverage
Auto insurance policies generally have the following four types of coverage:
- Liability coverage, which protects a policyholder if he or she is at fault for a car accident that results in injuries or property damage. Liability coverage generally provides that the insurance company must take steps to promptly settle the claim, and the failure to do so could amount to a failure to defend bad faith claim.
- Medical payment coverage, which pays for medical bills in the event the policyholder or any passengers are injured in an automobile accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage, which provides coverage for any injuries or damages sustained in a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage, which insures the policyholder’s car in the event it is damaged in accident or stolen by a thief.
Common Car Insurance Disputes
Car insurance disputes can arise in a number of contexts, but the following are some of the more common types of disputes that arise in connection with car insurance policies:
- Failure to Defend: the insurance company fails to provide a timely defense to any legal claims against the policyholder
- Delay in payment of claim: the insurance company doesn’t provide a prompt payment of a valid claim
- Underpayment of claim: the insurance company reduces the amount of the claim without valid reason
- Failure to investigate a claim: the insurance company denies a claim without investigation
- Failure to give a reason for claim denial: the insurance company doesn’t provide a valid reason for the denial of a claim
- Lack of communication: the claims adjuster does not return phone calls or communicate with the policyholder
The specific legal requirements of an auto insurance company depend on the specific terms of the auto insurance policy and the applicable state laws. Accordingly, it is highly recommended that you contact an auto insurance lawyer as soon as possible. Reno car accident lawyer Matthew Sharp represents clients in auto insurance disputes, as well as any other legal actions against negligent motorists.
If you were in a car accident, do not delay. Contact auto insurance lawyer Matthew Sharp at (888) 640-0835 to learn more your insurance rights and any personal injury causes of action that you might have.
For Additional Information